Friday, July 30, 2010

July Adventures

For the 4th of July, we headed back into the mountains as far as an old beat-up Toyota pickup would take us, and as far away from as many people as is possible on that particular weekend. We headed to "our spot" in Hatchers Pass looking like hillbillies for sure... Vince, my brother, was at the wheel of Ol' Blue, I was riding shotgun, and the bed was loaded to the hilt with gear, guns, fireworks, dogs, and 5 other people. It's a shame we don't have a photo of that... Quite priceless. Anyways... here's some evidence of the fun that weekend...
This little guy came for a visit while the boys were out galavanting amongst its friends, and while I was in camp catching up on some much-needed R & R. He poses quite nicely for photo shoots, I must say...
Grampa and Gramma Bertolini came for their annual summer "fishing" trip. Grampa got to fish from a private dock and smoke his cigars (the highlight of these trips for him), and they both just soaked up all the quality time with family. Love, love, love my grandparents... they're one-of-a-kind.
The third weekend in July, Scott and his cousin headed to sheep country to do some scouting, and encountered some unique terrain, as well as a handful of the much-sought-after animals...
It's a shame this first picture is so small here; those animals really are quite stunning, even from a distance.... I sure enjoy my fair share of hunting, more for the adventure involved and knowing that it will fill my freezer, but there's something about these sheep that just draws some excitement out of me... They're quite majestic... Just like the country they live in...

No comments:

Post a Comment