Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aww...

I'm not sure how much Scott will appreciate me letting you all in on his *romantic*, lovey side, but as a proud wife, I can't help but share!

Here's the set-up... Steve flew in this morning to go with Scott on their annual sheep hunt, for which they left midday today, Saturday. We had to stop by Costco on the way to the airport to get Steve, and left a little late due to a phone call, so... we're running through Costco grabbing items here and there, trying to get out of there as fast as we can. As I'm speed pushing the cart into a check-out line, I ask Scott a question, but there's no answer... I look back. Scott's not there. A quick glance around, and I spot my handsome hubby, standing, croutons and massive package of paper towels in hand, staring at the flower section, with the most thoughtful look on his face. When he notices that I see him, he flags me over, and tells me to pick one out. (Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but I get flowers maybe - maybe! - once a year, so when he buys me flowers, it's a very special occasion for this gal, and I appreciate it beyond what you can imagine or may think is healthy!) Anyways... we picked a boquet out, and here's where they will remain for the next week, reminding me of my husband who is traversing mountain tops after the exquisite Dall Sheep.

Did I mention that he left me the most wonderful love note too?... I'm pretty spoiled... and loved very well!

God, please keep them safe, and bring them home to us...

2 comments:

  1. He's such a tenderhearted, thoughtful man...and there is nothing wrong with that!! Enjoy your blessing. Hope you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill! Yes, yes he is... I am truly blessed. And even more so now that he's home! I really am feeling great - just still more tired than usual. But overall I can't complain... Actually, I'm rather enjoying this pregnancy thing. It's a fun, new adventure. Hope you guys are all doing well! Deer season will be here before we know it; can't believe it's mid-August already. Take care!

    ReplyDelete