Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oops...

I got a little ahead of myself... We squeezed one more adventure into the month of July - another sheep scouting trip. This time, just me and my hubby... quite nice. So, I'm not usually fond of showing off pictures of me looking, well, quite goofy, but... oh well... I think I'm learning these days to just get over it...
Me, putting on some much-needed moleskin (that somehow found its way to the side of my ankle over the course of the hike, resulting in some quite lovely blisters), and showing off my "big" 4 1/2 month baby belly I had to lean over to do so! Goofy smile, I know, but I was trying to keep a straight face, as Scott was making me laugh... Good times.
Sometimes it just amazes me the things that grow out of the rocks up here. I had a thought out there, as all kinds of wildflowers surrounded us amongst the rocks... I'll bet there are very few people that travel up that valley, and yet God decided to cover it with all sorts of blues, purples, pinks, yellows, and whites in the form of wildflowers. I like to think that maybe He put 'em there just for us... you know, add to the *ambiance* of the trip... Haha... that made me laugh. Ambiance... Maybe it was more to make up for the nauseating swarms of biting flies we fought on our way in and out... Something to think about anyways...
This picture just makes me laugh. (Can you tell why?)
I told Scott that he needs to frame it...
My two boys... Handsome as ever.
Before heading down the snow field on the way home...
I sure love adventuring with my Hubby. Wouldn't trade it for the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment