Sunday, May 29, 2011

Here Goes Nothin'...

So, for those of you reading this blog simply for the Paisley updates or stories of our Alaskan Adventures, you might want to stop reading right now. For those of you still reading, consider this a warning... You may start to notice more posts that have nothing to do with the above mentioned things, and more to do with food, nutrition, a little bit of food politics, etc. No, I don't want to post rants and raves or "shoulds" and "shouldn'ts," but I do see this blog as an opportunity to get information out to the masses (ha - "masses"... that's funny... ) of some things that people may not be aware of, or things that I am learning in my attempt to find healthier ways of eating good food.

For those of you who don't know, I have been a student of The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (based out of New York) for almost a year now, and will graduate later this summer as a Holistic Health Counselor. I have learned a great deal over the last year, and am passionate about sharing what I'm learning with people who want to hear.

So, if anyone is interested, I stumbled across a program last night that I'd never heard of, and was actually quite shocked that it found its way on to basic television (we don't have cable). Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution. Ever seen it? Well, for someone who doesn't hardly watch TV, I watched two hour-long episodes back to back, and was beside-myself-excited about what this guy is doing... He's passionate about people knowing where their food comes from, what's mixed in with their "food," and eating organically and locally when possible (among other things, I'm sure - heck, I only saw two epidoes!). Anyways... seems he's on basic television on Friday nights, and would definitely be worth the watch (kid friendly, too, it seemed) if this itches your ear at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment