Saturday, September 11, 2010

August Adventures...

Well, August brought more adventures for us, mostly consisting of chasing animals all over Alaska. The month started with Scott and Steve's annual sheep hunt, which returned them home to us with no meat or horns this year, but with good stories and memories to share. Scott and Steve's sheep hunt also gave me an opportunity to spend some time with Amy and Autumn, as they camped out at our place while our "boys" were gone. Autumn sure loved the raspberries from our garden... The boys came back a day early, so we got to spend some time all together, which was fun...

The next weekend, Scott headed back to the mountains in search of a sheep again. This time, he returned with an incredible story, horns, meat, hide, and the most proud smile you wouldn't have been able to wipe off his face if you tried! A weekend trip out for those elusive sheep, the odds were against him, but he went and he conquered. For more details, you'll have to visit his blog... http://www.provingtrail.blogspot.com/


With some extra time on my hands, I got to work on a project I've been dreading, but knew needed done - I gathered all my magazines (you know, the ones you hang on to because they have one good decorating idea that you'll probably never get around to trying, but you can't bear to let go of nevertheless!), bought a little rubbermaid drawer set from Target, and went to town! I spent hours flipping through old magazines tearing out what I wanted to keep, and ditching the rest. Then, I organized the drawers with different subjects like Decorating Ideas; Remodel Ideas; Diet and Nutrition Articles; Marriage, Baby, and Parenting Articles; Recipe Clippings; etc., and filed all my torn-out pages. It felt SO good to finally get rid of the piles of magazines that have just been collecting dust. I think I took 3 boxes worth of "leftovers" to the dumpster! AND... now I'm actually using the articles and such that are in my drawers... it's so nice to have them handy and accessable. The nesting bug sure has bitten already! : )


August also brought about our big ultrasound where we found out that the lil' pea growing ever so quickly inside me is a girl... Here are a couple pictures of her... I got a big laugh over the calf/foot one - my first thought was, "That is SO Scott's calf!" I hope she inherits her daddy's super-human muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment